Bluetooth technology has made communication with wireless devices (e.g., smartphones, iPods, Notebooks, and iPads) invaluable. And though there might be a plethora amount of bluetooth headsets at our disposal, the LG Wireless Bluetooth Headset is probably the most relevant and trending headset on the market.
LG Wireless Bluetooth Headset Review
Product: LG Electronic Tone Ultra (HBS-800) Bluetooth Stereo Headset
Price: $129.99 Retail
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon
My Rating: 4 out 5 Stars
Seem’s like every place I went lately someone was wearing one of these devices around their neck. I really never noticed how popular these headsets were until I started looking to replace my Bose bluetooth device that my 4 year old daughter had broken by accident.
So after several hours of research and some dialogue with some of my peers, I decided that the LG Electronic Tone Ultra was the best bluetooth headset device on the market to suit my needs, and provide me with some comfort along the way…
LG Wireless Bluetooth Headset Features
- Compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled devices
Including select Apple®, Android and Windows models for wide-ranging use.
- Bluetooth 3.0 technology
With support for HSP (headset), HFP (hands-free), A2DP (advanced audio distribution) and AVRCP (audio/video remote control) profiles lets you wirelessly link the headset to compatible devices.
- JBL Signature Sound
Ensures high-quality audio.
- ANC (ambient noise cancellation)
Blocks background noise to promote immersive listening and can be turned on and off for custom operation.
- Noise reduction
Along with echo cancellation lets you enjoy crystal-clear hands-free calls.
- 3D NeckBehind style
Offers a comfortable fit.
- Google Voice Actions integration
Along with aptX and HD Voice compatibility, advanced multipoint capability, bass boost, text-to-speech, vibrating call alerts, a microphone mute function and VoLTE (voice over LTE) provides versatility.
Compare The LG Electronic Tone Ultra (HBS-800) to The Plantronics Voyager Legend
In my quest for the best hands-free bluetooth device, I discovered that the Plantronics Voyager Legend is no stranger to bluetooth devices and has also generated quite a buzz. I admit that the Plantronics Voyager was on my short list of bluetooth devices running in at a close second towards my purchase.
Like most other bluetooth devices, the Plantronics Voyager has many features:
- Smart Sensor technology intuitively directs calls to phone or headset pauses music for incoming calls allows automatic answer by simply placing the headset on your ear
- Multi microphones optimize voice and minimize noise caused by wind movement and background sounds
- Tap the voice button to check battery level connection status or dial Vocalist* hear emails newsfeeds and more Say “answer” to accept a call or “ignore” to decline
- Separate power mute and volume buttons provide easy access and control
- Magnetic snap fit connection makes charging quick and easy Check battery level from your iPhone or use app to show meter on Android
Although these are great features, I was longing for a device that had a different appearance from the norm without compromising quality. Having said that, I was sold on the LG partly because of the ease of wearing the device around the neck in contrast to the possibility of an uncomfortable fit around the ear.
Does The LG Electronic Tone Ultra (HBS 800) Deliver?
- Choice of Black or White
- Easy access to the Call and Audio playback buttons
- Easy paring
- JBL patented Harmon audio drivers
- Improved ergonomics
- Multiple sizes (Silicone Ear-tips)
- Battery status indicator on the iPhone
- No battery charger – just USB cable
- Would not recommend during strenuous workouts – Excessive sweat can cause damage
- The magnetic area to house the earbuds is not that great
- A bit pricey from the previous model